Global ARCH is looking for additions to its governing board. Board service is open to all committed to our mission to improve worldwide life-long outcomes in childhood-onset heart disease through empowering patient and family organizations. Congenital and rheumatic heart disease (CHD and RHD) patient and family leaders are strongly encouraged to apply.
The board ensures Global ARCH meets its strategic objectives and its legal and financial responsibilities. As the highest leadership body of the organization the board is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong financial resources, oversight, and management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
- enhancing the organization’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
Global ARCH board members are expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, strategic plan, programs, and needs
- Prepare for, attend, and actively participate in bi-monthly board meetings via Zoom. Assistance with costs related to wifi/internet access is available when needed
- Attend in-person meetings when scheduled. Travel funding will be available as needed
- Faithfully read and understand all financial statements
- Serve as a Global ARCH advocate and ambassador
- Help identify and secure financial resources
- Leverage personal connections, networks, and resources on behalf of Global ARCH
- Participate fully in one or more committees and/or serve as a Global ARCH Regional Representative
- Actively assist in the execution of Global ARCH programs and activities as needed
Time commitment: Minimum 5 hours/month; additional hours as needed
All applicants must have:
- Passion for improving global outcomes in childhood-onset heart disease
- Time availability to fulfill all board responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse communities
- Leadership experience serving the childhood-onset heart disease community or related populations
The ideal candidate will have one or more of the following:
- Experience with national or global health policy and/or advocacy
- US-based legal or accounting qualifications/experience
- Communications training and/or experience
- Experience with fundraising
- Direct experience living with RHD and/or serving the RHD community
- Be a current or former resident of North Africa, Asia, the Middle East, or Central/South America
To apply please email your CV or resume and a personal statement to email@example.com. Your personal statement should be a maximum of 750 words and answer the following questions:
- Why do you wish to serve on Global ARCH’s board?
- What is your background and experience with childhood-onset heart disease?
- How will your board service enhance the organization’s efforts?
Deadline for application: November 15th, 2020
To share a PDF of this posting please click HERE.